Sunday 11 November 2012

NAILS: Cat & Polka Dots

 I bought a nail dotting pen over summer and I finally got around to using it. I used it to do this cute cat face and originally I was planning on doing it on more than one nail but, I'm not going to lie, I just couldn't be bothered and I though it would look nicer as an accent nail so here is the final look:



I used a quill-esque pen which I've had for years; it was a part of an art set I got when I was a kid where you scratch out a black board and draw pictures (does anybody know what I'm talking about?) but you could easily substitute with a toothpick or a fine nail art brush if you have one.

CAT:
I did this freehand and it does take a bit of practice but you could stencil it out by using tape and outlining the shape.

  1.  Apply base coat and dry
  2. Using a white nail polish, follow the above diagram and dry
  3. If necessary, repeat step 2 to get an opaque layer
  4. Draw 2 black dots for eyes using a dotting pen (or toothpick)
  5. Put a blob of pink nail polish onto a piece of paper
  6. Dip the quill (or toothpick) into the white nail polish and draw 3 triangles onto the cat for ears and a nose
  7. Draw 2 black lines horizontally from the nose outwards on each side of the nail for whiskers using the dotting pen (or toothpick)
  8. Let everything dry 
  9. Seal it all with a top coat
POLKA DOTS:

I used a dotting pen for this but if you don't have one, you could easily get the same results from using either a toothpick or a pin needle (click on either to see the method I've posted previously).

No comments:

Post a Comment